Saturday, January 7, 2012

35 lbs later

It's a start, right?  Ok, who am I kidding, I worked my ass off (LITERALLY) to get to this point.  many, many long gym days - and oh yeah, they are starting back up again next week :)

Quick catch up - I was not able to come off the prednisolone nearly as quickly as I hoped - but I was able to finally taper off in March of last year.  So - not quite a year off that stuff - no relapses so far, BUT I do still feel the side effects now and again.  I hate that such a wonderful cure is also such a curse.  THAT said - the prednisolone kept me out of the hospital, and for the most part functional.  For that, I am thankful.  I have not had to go to the Dr for myself since March 2011 - that in and of itself is amazing, considering how not awesome 2010 was.  

Good things through hard work.

This is where I started in July, and where i ended up on November 1 - not too shape - i still have a long ways to go, i know, but it's a start :)

Now for some fun pics of me :)



Yup - me @ the world famous Oktoberfest in Munchen, Bayern, Germany.  Rocking the dirndl :)


Me with my cuties in Rothenburg ob der Taub

Just me.

The fam on Christmas Eve, 2011.

Sadly, I have gained about 10 lbs  from what I lost before the holidays - it was a choice i let myself make - really an experiment to see what would happen - now I know.

A year ago to the day, I could not walk across the room without my 02 sats dropping to 70% or lower.  I could NOT walk for even a quarter of a mile at a time, and look at me now, RUNNING!  Sure I have setbacks.  I have thoroughly trashed my ankle twice in the past year - but you know what - here i am.  I am not wishing my days away.

I am fighting a bout of bronchitis right now - and am giving myself the weekend to evict it - BUT, come Monday - both kiddos are back in school, which means my butt will be back at the gym.

Love y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment