Tuesday, January 17, 2012

YAY Me!

Ok - I did it - started back on track!  Eating is good for the most part- tracking it all again on LoseIt.  I made LoseIt.com my start page on my computer, so i hopefully have no more "out of sight, out of mind" moments in regards to tracking food.  For me - I find that tracking my food is essential - not only do i see what is actually going in - BUT, it also makes me eat better, because i really don't want to have to put "downed a whole bag of M&M's" on there.

So, yesterday was a BEAUTIFUL day here in Germany.  Not warm, but finally NOT cloudy, the SUN SHONE!  IT was amazing, it was awe inspiring, it was FITNESS inspiring!  Rather than driving 20 miles into the gym, I walked down to Lil' Dude's school, picked him up in his stroller, bundled him in his "stroller sleeping bag", and started out for what I thought was a nice walk on a sunny day.... about 5 minutes in, I said "screw it", and started running!

I had my phone with me, which has a C25K (couch to 5k) running app, and i just started that bad boy up again.  I ran on the pavement (First time in about 6 months that my feet haven't killed me doing that), in my jeans, pushing the REGULAR stroller, not even the jogging stroller.

I wasn't fast, I know it wasn't pretty - BUT it was AWESOME, and JUST what I needed!

Today, Kel has an appt with his surgeon for his surgery on Monday (getting tubes put into his ears) - and then we have to go to Bad Windsheim to meet friends for lunch at a chinese restaurant (don't worry, i am going to go and be social, not eat - can't figure on ANYTHING there that won't make me gain at least 5lbd in water alone).  I am hoping to have time after, but not sure.

Also - the cold made a u turn, and has hit me full force in the head. stupid cold. it can leave soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment