Friday, January 27, 2012

bah!

Ok - so i have never given that much stock to the "shop the ring of the grocery store, not in the middle" bit - - but tonight - i tried it... and failed :)

Failure is ok though.  If we never tried, we wouldn't fail, or succeed.

At any rate - pleasantly surprised to find little in my cart that was embarrassing as i checked out - - as long as we look past the pasta - - a girl has to have her pasta on occasion, right?  NO, I know that the answer is no, but still......  I am  pretty sure i was meant to be a beautiful olive skinned italian girl - rather than this pasty, freckled heinz57 mix that I have going on. ah well. genetics suck.

I really do find myself leaning towards the "paleo" life - but dammit, i LIKE bread, and even worse, I ADORE pasta, and i freaking worship a nice fresh flour tortilla.  Ugh.  Can you retrain yourself to ignore your wants?

I am going to try.  honestly, for me, i think that is pretty simple - where it gets complicated it the kids.  Lil' Dude is a carb lovers carb lover.  bread?check.  Sugar?please.  he is my battle - and being 2 1/2, and just recovering from minor surgery this week, he is oh-so-fun to be around.... and let's see, oh, tonight, i got him to eat a whopping TWO bites.

I give up.

I know he will eat when he is hungry.  So, i give up.

Bug on the other hand, she is a born paleo girl - she would take the bread off of everything if she could...
too bad school lunches get in the way - i am going to have to learn my way around paleo better, and try to provide her with something good.  Though, she would be happy with a simple bag of bacon. i'm not kidding.

adieu, bongiorno, Tschuss my friend, my bread, my comfort food.

let's see how cranky i become, and how fast. this should be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment